Have you ever fancied working in the social media industry but didn’t know where to start?
Are you an avid console or PC gamer?
Do you speak Nordic languages?
Answered YES to all of the above? Then, we want to meet you!
Currently, we are looking for a Multilingual Moderator who speaks Danish, Norwegian & Swedish to provide online moderation services to our clients. In this role, you’ll moderate user-generated content on allocated client sites, and post client-created Standard Response Templates where required. You'll be reviewing strong graphic images, and written content that violates the guidelines of the community. The Moderator will be key in providing a positive social experience for the users.
This is a freelance, home-based opportunity, ideal for anyone who is interested in working some hours during the week and weekend.
JOB IS FOR YOU IF
- You have fluency in Danish, Norwegian & Swedish along with fluency in written and spoken English.
- You are a social media enthusiast. You are confident with digital technology, and you know the latest trends in social media like the back of your hand.
- You’ll have sound judgement and brand awareness as you have to make sure posts respond in accordance with our client’s policies and guidelines.
- You have strong communication skills and you know how to “read” between the lines.
- Your background experience comes from either community management, translation, moderation, customer service or social media management.
- If you have professional and/or personal experience with the gaming industry, that would be superb!
Saturday & Sunday are a must so we are looking for candidates who can work weekends but also who have some availability across week days. You'll be working approximately around 20 hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Moderating in accordance with general The Social Element guidelines and client-specific guidelines.
- Carrying out moderation and training accordingly to the times scheduled in the schedule
- Using templates to communicate with users appropriately and in line with the clients’ instructions.
- Escalating user-generated content that falls within the official escalation processes (eg child safety, bomb threats)
- Obtaining a 2nd opinion where necessary before approving or deleting content (with other Moderators or Social Producers)
- Supporting and helping other Moderators who are on-shift and need assistance with content
- Buddying and mentoring other Moderators who are new to the company and/or the project
- Completing shift reports using templates provided according to individual project requirements
- Informing Social Producers of any technical or other issues with sites or content
- Providing feedback to Social Producers on any client related issues
WHAT TO BRING
- Native-level Danish, Norwegian and Swedish, and fluent in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, etc.), and show willingness to keep up-to-date with industry standards.
- Sound judgement and ability to make quick decisions
- Confident with computer technology
- Organisational skills and ability to juggle several tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Moderation and/or community management experience is desirable
- Personal or professional experience within the gaming industry
HOW TO APPLY
If all this sounds like you, simply upload your CV and a covering letter (or a link to your cover letter video if you prefer). *Make sure to include the following details in your cover letter/video, or we won’t be able to process your application:
- Details of your personal/professional experience in social media and gaming
- If you are happy to work on a flexible schedule
- Why you are interested in being part of our team at The Social Element
The Social Element is a global social media management agency delivering high-quality, multi-lingual social media management, customer care, social listening, insight, and consultancy. It also offers crisis management training and simulations via its partner brand, Polpeo.